Thursday 16 October 2014

Genesis chapter 2-WHAT DID I EAT?

And so now after getting "married" and having two children, my mother passes away at the tender age of 49...premature death as my basement Pastor would put it. so wha would kill a woman in the prime of age? this got me thinking and even when i was married and went to my "husband's" home I knew there was a problem. You see this idea of broken homes is something that needed to be addressed and soon....or else...

So this guy comes from a home where his mother left or was left-just like me! I don't even know what to call my own father's house, was he polygamous or was he just a lover of many women? That is where the problem begins. I wasn't a saved christian back then but i just thought there is something here. And over the years i just casually prayed about it, and belived it was okay. By the way I am one of the very few women who can say I had a near perfect marriage-until the curse of what was eaten sprung up!!

Genesis 2:17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

So what had I eaten? First the marriage had been started on a wrong foundation, no god there, then fornication, that is sex before marriage even if you marry the same guy, God calls it fornication.

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:18

 But I must say I enjoyed a good union for 12 years, then things started falling apart! I now had 4 children whom  I adore very much. When I finally begun walking with God I realized the folly and sins that we commit knowingly or unknowingly have consequences. Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit but did not die immediately as they thought so I too did not reap the consequences immediately until the devil had legal ground to start killing and destroying my home. Infact looking back i thought that this man loved me soooooo much as he had always shown and said that he would never really leave. my children still remember the good times with their father  and mother-a perfect family.

And so when I confessed Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and was baptized by immersion in December 16th 2012, my life was now open to the devil's attack because there are things hoe goes to God and says why have you blessed this one when there is all t his sin in her life from 3 or 4 generations back? what can God do?He is a righteous God and cannot go back on his word. So like job, the devil is allowed to come in and try me to the uttermost-see- he has now legal rights. 

Chapter 3-NAKED AND HIDDING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...