Wednesday 4 June 2014

THE BURIAL WILL NOT HOLD....CONT'D

Jesus Raises a Widow’s Son
Luke 7v11Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 

And so like the widow...I was heading to bury everything concerning me, my family, my home, my career,my finances, my virtues, my ministry etc...The grave diggers were at the cemetery...grave already dug 6 feet deep-waiting for the corpse to arrive. They had done the job they were paid to do and were waiting for the completion, that is to cover the coffin with earth again. They must have been wondering what is taking this woman sooo looong to bring in the hearse. Mourners too were with me, those who came to make sure there was a burial, those who were happy there was a dead something, there were those who told me the death was all my fault, and those who genuinely wept with me.

This large crowd has followed the events of my life, and seven years later, some are disappointed that there was no burial, others are still waiting at the telemetry...but then this girl met Jesus....at the gate of the city....

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...